A newspaper advertisement meant to bring new residents to the village.
The name of the village changes to Intercourse; the village consists of five buildings.
Traveler's Rest Inn is established.
Jacob Wenger builds the first store in Intercourse, which is now The Old Country Store.
Leacock Township builds a public school in Intercourse.
Founded in 1852, the association charged annual dues of 25 cents insuring members the safe return of stolen livestock.
Intercourse Association of Lancaster County for the Detection of Horse and Other Thieves is organized.
A second general store, which is now Zimmerman's, is established.
Wengerís Store, owned by Moses and Jason Eaby, is destroyed by fire and rebuilt soon afterwards.
The Intercourse baseball team was active from the 1920s to the 1940s.
Intercourse has 54 dwellings, 280 people, 2 stores, 2 hotels, 1 feed store, 1 blacksmith, 1 wheelwright,
2 harness makers, 1 shoe store,
1 cabinet shop, 3 carpenter shops,
1 butcher shop, 2 churches, 2 schools,
3 physicians, 1 dentist, and 1 tobacco warehouse. There are 158 owners of farms in Leacock Township; 65 have Amish names.
Dillerís Store, which is today known as Zimmerman's, is destroyed by fire, along with a few other buildings.
Stagecoach line from Intercourse to Lancaster is established.